The HT Group has partnered with a premier San Antonio client in the search for a qualified Senior Accountant – Leases with ASC 842 compliance experience for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with either public or high-volume, corporate lease experience, strong GAAP knowledge, and previous experience working with a variety of leases/contracts. This role will be hybrid (2 days in-office/3 days remote) and will be based in our client’s North San Antonio HQ.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $90K+ 10% bonus/solid benefits – Hybrid – North San Antonio location
What you will do:
- Interpret and analyze information on leases, amendments, assignments and other legal documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Prepare reports for external entities at monthly/quarterly intervals to determine revenue-share payments due.
- Prepare annual reconciliation for each entity, communicate additional amounts due, and communicate those results to Airport division and external entities.
- Conduct annual analysis of traffic results and prepare summary of financial impact; Identify procedural issues and submit improvement recommendations to Supervisor.
- Perform a self-review of all work products to ensure accurate reporting.
- Continuously suggest process improvements and procedures as the business evolves to implement improvements in policy, procedure, and systems.
- Perform audits of lease files assigned and be able to report back accurate findings to management by a given detail.
- Audit lease files with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Communicate with Supervisors effectively when issues come up with procedures and/or customer service relations (Lessors and Branch).
- Suggest resolutions to issues that arise and work to resolve them.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Active CPA preferred; Big 4 audit experience preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience including experience in leases/ASC 842 compliance.
- Intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency required.
- Proficient skills in large ERP systems (Oracle or SAP ideal) and intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency.
- Strong process orientation- champion process improvement, measure results and recognize achievements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, analytical abilities, and strong technical skills in accounting.
- Well organized; self-starter; ability to get things done in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a broad understanding of lease accounting issues.
- Strong U.S. GAAP foundation including understanding of recent GAAP standards.
- Experience in researching and documenting GAAP issues and conclusions.