About the Company
Our client provides growth services and capital in the form of investments and consulting for innovative companies. Based in Austin, TX, they feature portfolio companies in the live entertainment, biosciences, technology service start-ups, and real estate spaces. This client uses a venture studio model to add value, support founders in overcoming typical challenges, and grow smarter and faster.
As the Business Development Associate, you will rely on your strong sales and marketing skills to assist the fund in winning new clients, creating partnerships, and general deal making. You will be supporting both our internal service organizations as well as providing fractional support to portfolio companies, where needed. Additional areas of focus include market research, strategy development, lead generation, and client relations. This is a full-time role based in Austin, TX Headquartered downtown. They currently have a COVID-19 remote working policy.
- Increasing client base, finding, and developing new markets, and improving sales
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Project scoping
- Operational support
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Preferred: BBA
- Preferred: startup experience
- Preferred: Knowledge and familiarity with accounting and finance department operations.
- Working knowledge of Excel