Gathers, interprets and documents customer business needs that are translated into application requirements, operational requirements, use cases and test cases. Serves as the conduit liaison between internal business units, vendors and software application development teams.
- Understands and applies principles, theories and concepts related to the profession our culture.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Impact is generally limited to specific assignments or projects.
- May respond to inquiries and/or provide assistance and/or guidance to lower level workers.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Interacts with project managers, executives, managers, Market Participants, software developers, test coordinators, training specialists, user experience specialists, and subject matter experts to elicit and clarify business, market and project requirements
- Uses interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, and scenarios to obtain requirements
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- Uses business analysis to define and chart tasks and workflows in conjunction with project managers
- Assesses technologies to create developmental specifications as well as detailed use and test cases
- Facilitates the implementation of requirements through the lifecycle of a project
- Plans and organizes time, priorities and resources to coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously and produce deliverables on time and on budget
- Uses requirements to drive the design and review of test cases
- Reports issues and obstacles which may impact project delivery or completion
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the business analyst discipline within the organization
- Works on the most complex projects where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Has the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Uses considerable latitude in methods, techniques and evaluations used to obtain results which will maximize return on investment for the organization
- Makes independent business decisions except in instances of unusually complex business scenarios
- Demonstrates proven, broad based business acumen including business/financial analysis and team leadership
- Maintains knowledge of emerging trends and industry best practices
- Requires minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in internal business and technical analysis
- Prefer minimum of 2 years of experience in project management roles
- Requires demonstrated proficiency with technical writing
- Experience with utility or energy projects preferred
- Data Management
- Process Engineering
- Microsoft EXCEL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Active project participation
- Oracle databases (relational and object oriented)
- Bachelor’s Degree : Business Administration, Accounting, MIS, Computer Science or related field (Required)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
- CBAP Certified Business Analysis Professional (preferred)
- CCBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (preferred)