Join us for our FREE lunch and learn and prepare for hiring in 2020!
More space now available!
Due to overwhelming demand for our informative 2020 Employment Law Update, we are upgrading the seminar to the Big Tex Room. The event is in the same facility: UT Commons Conference Center – just a much larger room. So, if you missed your chance to register before, we have re-opened the event registration and now you have another opportunity to sign up for this free lunch and legal advice – and invite a colleague!
During this lunch-and-learn hosted by The HT Group, employment law attorney Amy Beckstead of Beckstead Terry, PLLC will present on a variety of new and anticipated changes in Texas and federal employment law, including:
- The new FLSA regulations, effective 1/1/20
- Status of paid sick leave laws in Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio
- Texas non-compete law updates
- Federal EEO-1 and W-4 update
- Trends facing multi-state employers, including discrimination and harassment training requirements, attacks on arbitration agreements and confidentiality agreements, prohibitions regarding criminal history and salary history, and paid sick leave
- Recap of important new case law developments under Texas and federal law
11:30 – Noon Networking
11:45 – Lunch is Served
Noon – 1:00 Lunch and 2020 Employment Law Update
1:00 – 1:30 Questions and Comments
UT Commons Conference Center
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Road, Building 137
Austin, TX 78758
About Amy Beckstead
Amy’s practice focuses on assisting employers with federal and state employment law compliance, assisting them with issues that arise from hiring to termination. She also defends employers when they are sued or under investigation by governmental agencies, litigating matters in state and federal court and before various governmental agencies. Amy frequently trains executives, managers, and employees on a variety of topics, including creating an inclusive workplace and preventing discrimination and harassment. Visit www.becksteadterry.com for more information.