The HT Group currently looking for VDC Designer who has experience with commercial construction projects. This role will support a multi-billion-dollar semiconductor expansion in Arizona. This is a full-time non-exempt position and reports directly to an assigned Construction Manager in the Operations Department.
About the role:
The VDC Designer is responsible for producing quality products as outlined by scoping and management. This position is expected to operate in a support role as defined by project requirements. Responsibilities include successful execution of projects to provided KPI’s and ensuring client satisfaction. The VDC Designer is to act as an extension of the Construction Managers and VDC Leads when operating in a client facing environment. The VDC Designer will work interdepartmentally with multiple Construction Managers and/or VDC Leads based on project requirements. Project objectives include providing quality deliverables as outlined by scoping and management, meeting forecasts/budgets and building lasting relationships with end users.
– Maintain and increase discipline specific competency and begin to develop a trade within first year i.e.. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural or architectural.
– Engage with internal project teams to support the creation/maintenance/health of projects.
– Work with external stakeholders such as Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, or trade Contractors on a range of projects.
– Work with Construction Managers and VDC Leads per project.
– Support the project team with technical delivery using various software.
– Read and interpret construction documentation for one or more disciplines.
– Assist in the coordination of models both internally and externally.
– Produce products with minimal to no re-work.
– Execute assigned tasks within allotted parameters.
– Maintain working knowledge of all programs and platforms required for role.
– Effective written and verbal communication skills
– Coachable and skilled to coaching others in working as efficient teams
– Ability to predict and prevent common VDC pitfalls for production on projects
– Contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing and provide training to project teams on BIM software and workflows.
– Reads and comprehends construction documents and project BIM requirements and applies them to VDC processes.
– Takes LOD350 design model/coordinated model and converts model to LOD400 acceptable model for VDC Designer II to create shop drawings from
– Must be able to read documents, use a computer, communicate verbally and in writing.
– Mobility required within an office and construction site environments.
– Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
– Provide client satisfaction on individually assigned projects and overall interaction.
– Support business development initiatives
– Develop strong relationships with assigned clients.
– Customer service mentality with company and client’s needs being aligned, communicated, and met/exceeded
– Vocational/technical or equivalent background in any of the following disciplines: Mechanical HVAC, Mechanical Piping, Process Piping, Electrical, or Plumbing
– Minimum 1-3 years of industry experience
– High level of proficiency in Revit, Navisworks, and BIM360 required. Skills in other software such as Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Dynamo, ProCore, eVolve, Project Wise, Newforma Konekt (formerly BIMTrack) are a bonus
– Ability to perform or coordinate basic clash detection functions.
– Teamwork skills: capable of working well with others on the team and across the office.
– Ability to work independently.
• Related technical certifications & degrees.
This job operates primarily remote, with travel to office locations or project sites as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, video conferencing tools and cameras, phones, copiers, etc.
• Work is performed in an office environment.
• Flexibility to work various schedules and longer hours, when necessary, with little or no notice.
• Must be able to read documents, use a computer, communicate verbally and in writing.
• Mobility required within an office and construction site environments.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Medical (Employer paid 50%)
Dental/Vision and other benefits