The HT Group is currently looking for a VDC/BIM Lead who has experience with commercial construction projects. This role will support a multi-billion-dollar semiconductor expansion north of Austin – currently the largest construction project in Texas.
About the role:
The VDC Lead is responsible for producing quality products as outlined by scoping and management. This position requires Leadership skills and is expected to operate in a lead role as defined by project requirements. Responsibilities include successful execution of projects to provided KPI’s, Leadership of teams on larger project sites and ensuring client satisfaction. The VDC Lead is to act as an extension of the Construction Managers when operating in a client facing environment.
The VDC Lead will work interdepartmentally with multiple Construction Managers based on project requirements. Project objectives include providing quality deliverables as outlined by scoping and management, meeting forecasts/budgets and building lasting relationships with end users.
- Maintain and increase discipline specific competency annually in selected trades i.e., mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural or architectural.
- Engage with internal project teams to support the creation, maintenance, and client satisfaction of projects.
- Work with external stakeholders such as Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, or trade Contractors on a range of projects.
- Work with Construction Managers and VDC Designers per project.
- Support the project team with technical delivery using various software.
- Act as project lead as requested.
- Assist in training co-workers.
- Read and interpret construction documentation for one or more disciplines.
- Produce products with minimal to no re-work.
- Execute assigned tasks within allotted parameters and schedule.
- Maintain working knowledge of all programs and platforms required for role.
- Extended travel to jobsites, client locations, etc. as required per client expectations.
- Provide guidance and expertise to others within the Company.
- Represent the Company as an industry consultant.
- Provide daily leadership support to all human resources allocated to the project.
- Provide client satisfaction on individually assigned projects and overall interaction.
- Support business development initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with assigned clients.
- Vocational/technical or equivalent background in any of the following disciplines: Architectural, Structural, Mechanical HVAC, Mechanical Piping, Process Piping, Electrical, Plumbing or Fire Protection
- High level of proficiency in Revit, Navisworks, and BIM360 required.
- Ability to perform or coordinate basic clash detection functions.
- Teamwork skills: capable of working well with others on the team and across the office.
The following benefits are offered:
- Profit Sharing
- Medical (Employer paid 50%)
- Dental/Vision and other benefits
- 401(K) Match