The HT Group is excited to announce we are partnering with an industry leader as they are expanding their manufacturing here in Central Texas. This global company manufactures products for the consumer and industrial markets, with an emphasis on Automotive and commercial trucking. They provide everything from materials and development to design, manufacturing, and assembly.
Onsite – Austin, TX – $80-100K+
- Responsible for the overall operation, direction, and supervisory duties of the Injection Molding Maintenance Department.
- Lead the Molding Tooling/Maintenance team in continuous improvement of the performance objectives of the injection molding department.
- Coordinate Molding activities with outside contractors and suppliers as needed.
- Ensure all machinery, equipment, tooling and building structures are maintained and functioning properly at all times.
- Maintain an open issues list of outstanding equipment and tooling related issues that effects production and uptime.
- Achieve performance goals, initiate ordering and manage inventories of spare parts and equipment.
- Establish and coordinate with other departments regarding the implementation, development, and improvement of a management system for the injection molding department.
- Oversee the purchasing and installation of various equipment.
- Coordinate and fabricate any necessary tools and equipment in support of various departments.
- Comply with IATF-16949 guidelines where applicable.
- Identify and develop performance objectives and measurables for Tooling/Molding for the measuring of continuous improvement objectives by tracking and charting results.
- Support the Company’s environmental, health and safety objectives which provide for a safe and healthful workplace for all employees.
- Ensure that the department and all its activities exceed the needs of our customers, both internally and externally.
- Lead, support and train technical staff and supervise Maintenance and Tooling Technicians. Determine and assign program assignments for all applicable Molding/Tooling employees and provide direction and technical assistance as needed. Conduct performance reviews for engineering team members in accordance with Company policy. Train and educate to support career and Company objectives.
- Support Company policies and business objectives in the daily management of the operations of the Company.
- Participate in Business Plan Development to ensure that Molding/Tooling considerations are included in the decision-making process, and adhere to set budgetary requirements and use analytics to support recommendations and decisions.
- Must have completed an apprenticeship program in either mechanical, electrical, or tooling with a formalized practical and theoretical study program.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Minimum six years tooling and maintenance experience in an injection molding operation.
- Minimum two years in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate teams using strong communication skills with proven results.
- Organization and project management skills.
- Prior experience in new facility start-up is preferred.
- FMEA, SPC, Control Plan, DFMA, IATF-16949, Teamwork, Manufacturing, Workplace Safety