We are looking for an IT Specialist to support clients in Houston, TX. This position is hybird, with two days onsite and three days working remotely. It is a direct hire full-time position. We cannot provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Technical Specialist will be responsible for assisting our customers and fellow teammates with ongoing day to-day technology requests. This position will be exposed to multiple applications, systems, networks, and telecommunications activities.
The Level 2 Technical will take inbound escalated customer calls, create notes, respond to tickets, and provide responsive support to our fellow technicians. Level 2 Technicians will assisting in the new hire training program and provide guidance on technical troubleshooting to Level 1 Technicians.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements by communicating on requests within the agreed upon metric between our compnay and customers.
- Deliver security standards set and agreed upon by security team / leadership document configurations customer data such as passwords, inventory, etc.
- Track all requests in the ConnectWise ticketing system.
- Provide remote support to customers and fellow technicians
- Provide customers with software and hardware recommendations
- Respond promptly to employee and customer inquiries
- Ability to operate in a “fast paced” environment
- Help customer requests find their way to the correct person
- Document relevant information in the ConnectWise ticket to ensure customers understand expectation and at what stage the request is currently in
- Provide outstanding customer support and work with people in a team setting
- Ensure that all is done so that the customer is satisfied
- Address and resolve basic and complex incidents and requests; enter quality information into tickets and appropriately capture data
- Complete follow-up and follow-through on all tickets.
- Contributes to self-help knowledge bases and documents typical requests and incidents, resolutions, and workaround procedures.
- Mentors, provide support, and cross-train other Technical Specialists.
- Grow deeper in knowledge of current products, increasing ability to resolve tickets on the first contact.
- Provide excellent telephone manners and manage challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach ? Understanding of Active Directory: creating accounts, group policy, group management.
- Ability to create new and manage email accounts in hosted Exchange, Intermedia, and M365 Rev.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Remotely troubleshoot software, hardware, and connectivity issues
- Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets
- Manage individual queue of tickets and respond, document, and close in a timely manner.
- Understanding of networks and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Experience removing viruses/malware/spyware and prevention
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines
- Operate autonomously with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with ticketing systems
- 5+ years of technical support ? Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot quickly and effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively Computer skills to create documents, spreadsheets, and electronic communication ? Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in an organization with multiple locations and remote field-based operations
- Must have Remote Desktop Support skills
- Ability to conduct rapid internet research for first time fix
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Experience working with Active Directory
- Ability to document solution in a work instruction or procedure format for use by other technicians Benefits
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Professional Development Assistance