The HT Group has partnered with a growing healthcare entity based in SW Austin in the search for a qualified corporate Tax Manager for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with solid corporate Tax compliance and project management experience supporting the firm’s recent acquisitions to effectively integrate tax policies and procedures. This individual will be initially managing and building process with eventual team management over time.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $145K+ bonus/solid benefits – Remote (must be located in TX)
- Primary responsibilities include preparation of Federal and State income taxes and assisting with the preparation of GAAP income tax. Duties include preparation of estimated tax payments, tax research, maintenance of tax fixed assets and intangibles, state apportionment, and analysis of book vs tax differences for computing deferred taxes.
- Liaise with our third-party tax firm to a) review their work and assist with data requests to ensure the timely filing of all federal, state and local tax returns including but not limited to income, franchise tax, property tax, sales & use, and 1099s b) establish transfer pricing policies and facilitate all aspects of intercompany pricing analyses for service transactions.
- Assist with tax and technical accounting footnote disclosures in the annual audited financial statements as necessary.
- Assist in the accurate and timely monthly consolidation of company entities. This includes preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, allocations, and other recurring accounting tasks.
- Advise business teams on tax issues and policies including in connection with business operations, financing, M&A, new businesses and new markets.
- Prepare/Review quarterly/annual journal entries related to tax provision.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to optimize cash management strategies, including forecasting, liquidity planning, and working capital management.
- Develop and maintain cash flow models and forecasts to support decision-making and budgeting processes.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of tax planning initiatives to optimize tax efficiency and reduce tax liabilities.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for tax optimization.
- Support internal and external audits by providing relevant tax information and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. Master’s/MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in tax advisory, transaction tax, or related roles, preferably with exposure to transaction advisory and cash management.
- Knowledge of ASC 740 tax accounting principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of US federal income tax laws and principles.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, with a focus on cash flow management and forecasting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and a proactive mindset.
- High ethical standards and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and trends in tax advisory and cash management.