The HT Group is working with a well-established company in the Austin area who is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator. This role works within the infrastructure team work on several projects concurrently to optimize current services and building the next technical advancements. This person will also actively manage server patches, server software distribution, resolve problems and issues to limit work disruptions within the company and provide an expert end users experience. This role requires advanced virtuazation skills in Vmware/Hyper-V.
This is a hybrid work schedule, office is located in North Austin.
- Performs systems analysis tasks as required for implementing modifications or additions to the servers or business software applications while documenting change control changes in enterprise systems
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining server policies and procedures while performing server management, including maintenance of server component inventory and documentation
- Provide high level support in resolving technology problems for internal members while ensuring an accurate and timely response for problem resolution
- Conducts network threat and vulnerability assessments and ensures operational network security; Manages the Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention System and corporate antivirus program, including log monitoring, corrective action, software patch management, notification of threat events, and forensic examination of identified threats and penetrations
- Build automated processes to create and deploy releases to QA and Production environments
- Expert level knowledge of Windows Server 2016+
- Proven experience administering Azure, Microsoft 365, Cloud Exchange, and Hyper-V
- Demonstrated senior level skill with virtualization technologies and hypervisors.
- Ability to create complex custom scripts and Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Ability to architect Active Directory for an enterprise environment to include designing global and group policies, designating organization units (OUs), and delegating authority within the environment.
- Ability to lead projects and team members in implementation efforts of information technology related projects.
- Ability to learn, understand, and implement new technology quickly and independently.
- Demonstrated success solving complex issues, developing solutions to previously unsolved problems, and leading problem resolution at the highest escalation point.
- PowerShell scripting
- Bachelors degree preferred
Our client offers a very competitive compensation structure, strong benefits, and other cool perks. This is a full time / direct hire position. The work environment is hybrid with 3-4 days a week on-site. They are motivated to fill this position quickly with the right person so APPLY TODAY!