The HT Group is partnering with a local law firm for a qualified Staff Accountant who will have the overall responsibility of managing day-to-day transactional and operational accounting facets.
Onsite – Central Austin – $60K – $75K base + bonus
This position will conduct the daily and regular interval accounting activities including: billing, trust account reconciliations, and related GL areas. This individual must be a highly organized self-starter who is enthusiastic, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with attorneys and staff. Must have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to confidently respond to internal and external emails and client phone calls.
Responsibilities and essential duties:
- Maintaining accurate financial records: Record all financial transactions, including income, expenses, and purchases, in the appropriate accounts and ledgers in QuickBooks Online.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable: process invoices, track payments, and ensure timely collection from customers. Manage vendor relationships, and reconcile statements.
- Reconciling Operating Accounts: Regularly compare bank statements to financial records to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- Reconciling Trust Accounts: Regularly compare Client Management Software to financial records to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- Supporting Tax Return Preparation: assisting with and responding to CPAs requests for preparation of tax returns.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, finance or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred (flexible based on work experience as well)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and regulations
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient with Clio (preferred)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-directed individual that knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, be highly organized, show initiative and be proactive.