The HT Group has partnered with a premier San Antonio client in the search for a qualified Senior Technical Accountant, preferably with large public accounting firm or public company experience, for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with previous SEC reporting experience, strong GAAP knowledge, and previous experience working within a collaborative team setting. This position will have hybrid work flexibility (2 days in-office/3 remote) and will be based in our client’s NW San Antonio HQ.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $105K+ bonus/solid benefits – Hybrid – NW San Antonio location
What you will do:
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries for recurring transactions and accruals.
- Reviews covenant compliance calculations associated with the company’s credit agreement, when applicable.
- Completes the monthly global financial statement consolidation and maintains the Company’s consolidations software.
- Assists with preparing and reviews monthly accounting for the Company’s stock-based compensation transactions.
- Assists with monthly intercompany balancing.
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance.
- Interacts with external auditors in completing the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Reviews various government financial surveys prior to filing.
- Prepares and reviews documentation and SEC filing support required for debt, equity and other special transactions.
- Directly interacts with the international and US businesses during the monthly close process, providing guidance and ensuring consolidated books are closed and financial statements are accurately and completely presented.
- Responsible for preparation and review of quarterly and annual statements of cash flows, comprehensive income, and equity as well as certain footnotes and other reporting deliverables.
- Assists with performing and documenting technical GAAP research.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Active CPA required; Big 4 or large regional firm (audit, tax, or related) experience preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience including experience in SEC reporting and large-scale consolidations.
- Strong U.S. GAAP foundation including understanding of recently adopted standards.
- Familiarity with SEC Regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience in researching and documenting GAAP issues and conclusions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in large ERP systems (Oracle or SAP ideal) and intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Previous Workiva experience a plus
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills