The HT Group has partnered with an established commercial/industrial property management firm in North Austin in the search for a qualified Property Accountant, preferably with Yardi ERP and experience within the commercial property space. Our client is looking for a self-starter with solid GAAP accounting experience, strong detail orientation and accuracy, and a proactive mindset. This individual will be supporting an Austin-based team reporting to their Controller.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $85K+ 10% bonus – Hybrid – NW Austin location
What you will do:
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries for recurring transactions and accruals.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting tasks at assigned entities while following company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- Perform accounting activities such as AP, AR, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and tenant ledger oversight
- Month-end close and budget variance reporting of assigned entities
- Ensure Year-end financial statements are provided to tax CPA, property managers, and asset managers
- Performs Tax compliance (federal-1099s, state-property tax & franchise tax, and local tax and sales tax filings), property tax protest, insurance renewal, and bank report deadlines are met for assigned entities
- Analyzes and reconciles all balance sheet accounts monthly
- Gather documentation for annual audit
- 4+ years relevant experience preferably for a commercial real estate entity (multi-family OK as well)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in property accounting-specific ERP systems (Yardi ideal) and intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills