APPLICANTS MUST BE LOCATED IN AUSTIN, TEXAS.
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
The Senior Data Engineer is an expert in modern data warehouse, reporting, and analytics product implementations. This role works within the IS Department with a team of Data Engineers who translate raw data into actionable and insightful information for our stakeholders. The Senior Data Engineer designs and creates data pipelines, data stores, and report products to present complex datasets in interactive, self-service, and automated report solutions. This role works in partnership with key business stakeholders, software developers, and other IS Department teams and reports to the Data Manager.
Salary: $125,000 – $145,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Design, maintain, and optimize enterprise data warehouse and ingestion pipelines which extract, transform, and load complex data sets into data warehouse and data marts.
- Generate reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics which support existing operations and drive improvements.
- Design and build data models based on intended use; balancing: rapid access, positioning of data in consumable formats, and minimizing data movement and storage resources.
- Provide mentorship and participate in code reviews for data and software engineers working on sprint deliverables.
- Perform data analysis and communicate meaningful insights to internal stakeholders to support operational efficiencies and decision making.
- Use data mining techniques to analyze information from available data sources to fulfill business needs, support decision making, and improve processes.
- Establish and implement measures and controls to monitor data accuracy and reliability in compliance with Data Governance initiatives.
- Author technical requirements, mapped from business requirements, to clearly identify source data, pipelines, system functionality, and user interface constraints for data products.
- Ensure data is secure in all systems, networks, and formats and work with stakeholders and IS teams to assist with data-related technical issues.
- Evaluate and implement new data tools, analytic functionality, and advanced reporting systems which enable business innovation.
Hands-on experience with:
- Data visualization tools: Power BI required; Tableau, QlikView, or similar tools desired
- Advanced level T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres Databricks
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure, Delta Live Tables
- Data Integrations from various sources, such as Oracle, SQL Server, web services, APIs, and file systems
- Agile development experience
- Stream-processing systems knowledge desired: Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Bricks
- Coding and scripting languages: Python, R, Java, or C# desired
- Strong data, analytical, and report structuring skills
- Detail-oriented, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Data modeling experience using modern data model strategies
Additional applicable industry experience may be substituted for college degree.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in data science, MIS, engineering, computer science, business, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of hands-on data and reporting experience.