Senior Civil CAD Designer
Locations: Plano, TX AND Richardson, TX
The HT Group is hiring for a Civil Engineering CAD Designer who will work alongside staff engineers in the design and production of construction drawings for various commercial and residential projects. This role will provide design assistance and calculations to the civil engineers and in addition will execute and need experience with the following:
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare grading designs and plans, street plans and profiles, drainage area maps, storm sewer plans and profiles, and water, sanitary sewer plans and profiles.
- Problem Solve using Civil 3D to complete tasks from engineers.
- Prepare construction drawings for both commercial and residential development plans, zoning exhibits, and concept plans.
- Produce work based on Company Standards and Styles.
- Read, interpret, and work from basic and routine deeds, plats, sketches, as builts, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Receive work direction, assist in effectively organizing projects, communicate effectively and foster a cooperative work environment with survey and engineering team members.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe/Bluebeam.
- Train and mentor new CAD Techs.
- Aspirational – In a growing business with a big mission, our designers must have an appetite to learn and improve their skills.
- Determination & Resourcefulness – This person must be a creative problem solver and be willing to roll up their sleeves until they make things work. Whether it be asking questions, finding outside tools, or seeking out best practices, this person will need an open mind and good resolve.
- Organizational Skills – This position requires a capacity for seeing patterns and improving processes for optimal outcomes.
- Collaborative – This is a fun and productive culture. We laugh, work hard, press hard, and jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team is essential!
- Authentic – We operate with a high trust culture and shared values. Integrity, honesty, compassion, and diligence are all qualities this person must possess to flourish here.
- Energy & Enthusiasm – This person must bring joy and passion to the job. It is essential to self-motivate and encourage one another in our work.
- Multitasking – Workflow will cycle, and interruptions are normal, so this person must be able to juggle and adjust on the fly.
- Strong knowledge of Civil 3D in a development design capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in civil engineering land development field.
- Completion of technical school with CAD design certificate or associate degree or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering field desired.