The HT Group has partnered with a growing, West Austin-based engineering consultancy in the search for a qualified Senior Accountant for an immediate, hybrid need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with their CPA who will be focused in technical accounting functions along with close/reporting supporting one of the firm’s largest subsidiaries. This role will be hybrid (3 days in-office/2 remote) and will be based in our client’s Lakeway/Bee Caves location.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $100K+ bonus/solid benefits – Hybrid – Lakeway/West Austin location
What you will do:
- Prepare and record various journal entries including accruals, reclasses, and other month end activity.
- Perform month-end account reconciliations.
- Perform month-end close activities.
- Research and document GAAP processes around new lease and revenue recognition standards.
- Manage and maintain general ledger accuracy, ensuring all chart of account codes are used appropriately.
- Assist with various audits.
- Prepare various financial reports as required.
- Perform other accounting duties and support other team members as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required (will consider someone completing their CPA in the near future).
- Minimum of 3 years of combined corporate and public accounting experience.
- 2+ years of audit experience with a public accounting firm required.
- Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience with working in ERP Systems.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Some travel required.