The HT Group has partnered with a solid Austin, TX-based financial services client in the search for a qualified Lease Accountant, preferably with both public accounting and hands-on industry ASC 842 compliance experience, for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with corporate lease compliance experience, strong GAAP/technical accounting knowledge, and previous experience working with a variety of leases/contracts. This role can be fully-remote in the states our client operates business in with travel to Austin, TX HQ 1-2 times/year for trainings.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $90K+ bonus/solid benefits – Remote (approved state list below) or Austin, TX
Approved remote states: (AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, MN, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OK, ON (Canada), OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI)
What you will do:
- Record new leases, amendments, extensions under ASC 842, including preparing schedules for international subsidiaries.
- Actively participate in month-end close processes including journal entries, reconciliations, and assessment of proper accounting in accordance with GAAP. Ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Adherence to monthly financial close deadlines and implementing process improvements.
- Review financial statement items for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Participates in special projects spanning a variety of initiatives including process optimization, systems implementation, operational and management reporting quality.
- Perform technical accounting research as required.
- Respond to and support audit requests for areas of responsibility.
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of audit efforts.
- Interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
- Make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Active CPA preferred; Big 4 audit experience preferred.
- Previous experience working for a publicy traded company highly preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience including experience in leases/ASC 842 compliance.
- Previous Workday ERP experience a huge plus.
- Intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency required.
- Proven ability to apply sound professional judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in accounting and US GAAP principles.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills.