The Internal Regional Wholesaler position also assists Regional Sales Director in their efforts to manage their territory and as such, should be viewed as a training ground for a more advanced marketing position.
- Builds and maintains relationships by promoting company products and services through outbound/inbound calls to prospective and current agents.
- Answers direct incoming calls from agents with special requests (ie – wholesaler proposals, product features, product positioning, business processing, etc.)
- Manage relationships for all assigned accounts, making sure they are satisfied with services they are accessing through company. Travel to territory as necessary.
- Competitive Analysis, compile competitive information comparing company products VS competitors, and communicating this information to agents, home office, and etc.
- Present how company can meet the agent’s needs based on their target market/niche.
- Assist with marketing campaigns through proactive contact and relationship building with agents
- Assist in the development and management of selected territory business plans focused on recruiting top and 2nd tier producers.
- Work internally with other company departments to effectively issue and place life / annuity policies.
- Create sales ideas, cross selling, and communicating ideas and concepts to agents.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years of work experience in a marketing sales role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company annuity and life products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- 3-5 years of marketing related experience in the insurance industry
Licenses & Certifications
- Life-only Insurance License or must complete and pass within 90 days of hire.
- CLU, CFP, or ChFC desirable
- Completion of LOMA insurance courses I and II required within first year of employment.
Supervision & Leadership
- This position does not require supervisory responsibilities
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Overtime may be required at peak times.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.