Principal Network Engineer
We are looking for a full-time Principal Network Engineer capable of managing network solutions with a modernization mindset. This individual should be a team player with excellent communication skills eager to work with internal teams to improve performance, monitor, and maintain enterprise network architecture.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Major contributor to architecting, designing, and implementing network solutions.
- Maintains, configures, and supports network appliances (including switches, routers, and network firewalls).
- Maintains and improves common network services such as DNS, IPAM, DHCP, and network monitoring tools.
- Maintains cloud-based video, fax, and telephony solutions.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines. Provides estimates for planned work. May occasionally lead technical projects.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves problems relating to VMware and AWS infrastructure.
- Recommends appropriate strategic actions. Assesses the business and organizational implications of network requirements.
- Documents procedures for network related functions and provides network diagrams.
- Exhibits expert business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Capable of performing most tasks without guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Other Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- 10+ years ofnetwork administration
- Knowledge of virtual/cloud environments
- Excellent security acumen
- Proven problem solving capabilities
- Self-motivated individual with attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred