The HT Group is working with a well established manufacturing client to hire a MES Engineer. This Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer position will be located at our Greenville, SC facility and report directly to the MES Manager. This is an onsite, direct hire position. Client cannot provide work Visa sponsorship at this time.
This MES Engineer will be responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
• To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude that exemplifies the principles outlined in The Employee’s Charter to maintain a positive and productive workplace.
• To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
• To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
• To follow policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
• To follow safety rules and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
• To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards.
• To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department’s established procedures and work instructions.
• Leading role with development, customization, and support of MES system.
• Experience building and maintaining business critical reports.
• Continues current and relevant skills and knowledge related to software applications development.
• Prepare and maintain full MES documentation.
• On-call nights and weekend’s availability.
• Work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficient with part grouping, part classifications, and part attributes.
• BOM setup and troubleshooting.
• Experience with RFID scanning solutions.
• EDI base knowledge required.
• Interfacing and communications between MES and ERP.
Education, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education and highly relevant experience required.
• Minimum 3 years work experience on factory MES, automation and process control systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with SoliDat software
• Proficient in Oracle database is a plus.
• Experience with enterprise reporting solutions.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently in fast paced environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Microsoft Office, communications software, virus protection and diagnostics software.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve on-site and remote application related computing problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated abilities to communicate with other department team members as well as other management team members.
• Fluent in English (reading and writing).
• (Preferred) Programming background with C#, ASP.NET, WCF, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
Comprehensive benefits package + relocation assistance. This role is in Greenville, SC.