Are you an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer with a successful on-prem to AWS Cloud Migration under your belt? for a Lead DevOps Engineer to spearhead their next cloud migration project. You will be leading a team in architecting and rolling out state-of-the-art DevOps practices and solutions.
Fast Growing Company in Austin is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer as the primary source for IT and infrastructure support for our customers server environment. They will also play a critical role in preparing a cloud environment to house their next iteration of SaaS platform. The ideal candidate will report to the VP of Engineering in analyzing current infrastructure that supports dozens of customers and chart a path toward an environment that can support hundreds of customers in the cloud.
Austin Hybrid (Monday & Friday Remote and Tuesday – Thursday onsite)
- The role will work closely with CTO, Principal Architect, and VP Engineering to extend the groundwork of a platform shift from on-prem servers to an AWS infrastructure.
- Lead teams in architecting and rolling out state-of-the-art DevOps practices and solutions.
- Analyze operational metrics continuously, identifying inefficiencies, and optimizing the infrastructure for availability, scalability, and resilience.
- Mentor team members, particularly on AWS design, implementation, and fostering a culture rooted in DevOps principles.
- Help maintain existing private data center architecture:
- Measure and analyze the current VMware VMs / Linux systems to improve performance and reliability.
- Build virtual machines & physical machines per standard operating procedures
- Systems performance tuning and administration.
- Manage backup systems and disaster recovery standards.
- Support migrations, upgrades and patching the Systems and their Firmware.
- Fulfillment of team responsibilities may require, from time to time, working outside of normally scheduled shift time to complete projects, maintenance and/or meet business commitments.
- Audit existing tools, processes, systems and services; optimize and develop risk mitigation plans to improve productivity, security and cost.
• 8+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure work and expertise on AWS platforms
• Strong knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes, including cluster administration
• Expertise in AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, Networking, and Database concepts
• Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terragrunt, Terraform and or CloudFormation
• Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
• Strong experience in Linux System Administration
• Experience working in private data centers.
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Independent but collaborative
• Strong time-management skills
• Great communicator and capable of client-facing interactions
• Effective and efficient diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities
• Good balance between technical innovation and pragmatism Objective
• Networking Expertise
• Juniper Firewalls and Switch CLI knowledge
• Enterprise Container strategy
• Single-Sign-On strategies and implementation
• Hardware and Infrastructure Solution Trade-Offs
• Cloud-based Automation and Virtualization
• DevSecOps Automation