The HT Group has partnered with an established financial services client based in West Austin in the search for a qualified Lead Accountant (Manager) for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with solid SEC reporting and technical accounting experience, strong GAAP knowledge, and previous experience working with Workiva or similar programs. This position will be hybrid with 2 days in-office/3 remote per week. The individual will manage regulatory reporting duties while working with a collaborative team.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $135K+ 10% bonus/incentives – Hybrid – West Austin, TX HQ
What you will do:
- Support for the accurate and timely preparation of SEC/regulatory filings in compliance with all SEC, US GAAP, and federal banking requirements including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, etc.
- Assists technical accounting research
- Assists implementing newly adopted accounting standards
- Provides support for equity reconciliations and direct note reconciliations.
- Performs initial reviews of quarterly reports including but not limited to CPP stock equalization, FIN45 entry, going concern, and other detailed analyses
- Partners with internal constituents regarding quarterly, annual and ad hoc filings
- Liaisons with external constituents (internal audit and external auditors) regarding SEC and technical accounting matters
- Assists with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related; Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA certification highly preferred
- Big 4 or regional public firm experience preferred
- 6+ years progressive experience in either public accounting or industry combination required
- Previous experience managing teams and process preferred
- Previous experience in the SEC reporting/flings process required (public or in-house)
- Previous Workiva experience a plus
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency required
- Demonstrated technical research and writing skills
- Ability to leverage others within the organization to diligently gather facts
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills