Our customer is a fast-growing managed services provider (MSP) located in Central Texas. We provide a broad range of outsourced IT services including design, installation, support, maintenance, and consulting to the Small/Medium Business market.
Description: The Field Support Engineer at will look after the service and maintenance needs of our customers. You should possess excellent technical skills, be a good communicator, and pay meticulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate should diagnose and resolve problems, improve efficiency, mitigate risk, provide technical assistance, and enhance and sustain relations with clients.
- Support resolution of issues escalated from Tier 1 support staff, working directly with users on timely resolution of issues
- Support and document the initiation, execution, and closing activities for a program/project
- Ensure performance metrics are met or exceeded – Develop and maintain program support artifacts throughout the lifecycle of the initiative
- Ensure constant and proactive communication with customers, team members, and subcontractors to actively mitigate any issues or concerns
- Simulates and recreates user issues to resolve operational difficulties
- Recommends system modifications, if required, to reduce user problems
- Promote and encourage a “one-team” attitude at all levels internally and externally
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and complete project assignments
- Experience with Microsoft Products including Windows Desktop, Server and Microsoft 365
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with virtualization platforms including VMware, Hyper V, Citrix, RDS – Experience with network troubleshooting/configuration, including advanced skill in configuration of managed switches and firewalls
- Excellent time management skills. – Ability to problem-solve. – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear courteous and professional manner when dealing with clients.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum 3-year hands on experience in a technical role orrelated working technical experience
- Minimum 3-year hands on experience with software and hardware troubleshooting ex: firewalls, switches, servers, wireless, desktops, laptops, email technologies, mobile devices.
- Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCSA,Azure, Microsoft 365, and Dynamics 365 preferred.
- Experience with MAC iOS a plus Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401K – Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays