The HT Group is currently looking for a Construction Estimator with 5+ years experience in commercial construction for a multi-billion-dollar semiconductor expansion north of Austin. This is the largest construction project in Texas and one of the largest in the US. These are full-time direct-hire positions. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to work with one of the premier brands in technology and the semiconductor industry today!
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – given upfront.
- Designated Company Holidays (8 per year)
- Free lunch is provided by the Company.
- Reimbursement for Relocation Moving Expenses
- 50.00 per month phone allowance
- Service Award Bonus
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Service Award Bonus
- Prepares and reviews the preparation and presentation of general and/or discipline estimates.
- Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis and estimate planning, coordination, and consolidation.
- Responsible for directing the cost estimate effort on a major project or on multiple small projects. Provides estimating assistance and guidance to the projects.
- Manages the development of estimates from inception to completion. Develops an achievable estimate plan and inclusive of budget.
- Consolidates the estimate components and prepares the cost volume.
- Reviews estimate and ensures quality and integrity. Ensures lessons learned are incorporated into the estimate.
- Manages proposal strategies with Management.
- Prepares basis and assumption documentation. Ensures lessons learned are incorporated. Fully understands the needs of the customer.
- Reviews design or Request for Proposal (RFP) scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating basis when information is incomplete. Suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Establishes and reviews the conceptual scopes of estimates and studies when definition is not available through a demonstrated ability to conceptualize the design of the finished product.
- Demonstrates specialized contingency skills to compensate for undefined scope.
- Support bid evaluation of cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Prepares contractors indirect cost estimates, developing basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, professional staffing, startup services, payroll taxes and insurance, camp facilities and operation, and other field costs.
- Prepares and provides guidance in the preparation of proposal cash flow models and working capital analysis when delegated.
- Performs and reviews escalation and contingency calculations for estimates.
- Identifies ways to mitigate risk. Assesses the uncertainties associated with productivity, material pricing, wage rates and quantity variation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS Degree or certifications relevant to construction management, engineering, architecture or equivalent
- At least 5 years of field experience in large infrastructure/ construction projects
- In-depth knowledge of project schedules and ability to predict/extrapolate costs curves based on experience of scheduled-activities/cost correlation analysis.
- Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to present Estimating information to peers, management and clients.
- Understanding charging practices, the relevant commercial influences (i.e., insurance, taxes, etc.) and the relationship of charging practices to commercial terms, invoicing, and profitability.
- Understanding risk, where risk can exist, factors contributing to risk, risk management and categorization, and terms in risk management.
- Proficient in Reimbursable, Lump Sum and Design Build estimates for competitive bid projects.
- Analytical thinking and demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Experience in high-tech (semiconductor) product projects
- Experience in overseas/domestic EPC project experience
- Fluent Korean speaking and writing is a plus