The DevOps Manager is an expert in managing the performance, integrity, and security of the organization’s Application environments, integrations, and related systems. This role will work within the IS Department to manage the creation, maintenance, and performance of systems to support custom and third-party software applications. This role will manage the DevOps team (Application Administration and Database Administration) including task assignments, team training, and performance evaluations. This role will also work very closely with Business stakeholders, Software developers, and other IS Department teams.
- Manage the DevOps team in administering application, database, and related environments.
- Work with IS Managers on creating and maintaining CI/CD processes.
- Proficient in application support, root cause analysis, and collaboration with internal and external teams to resolve production issues.
- Responsible for the configuration, monitoring, optimization, and documentation of the different components of application and related environments.
- Provide mentorship, automation, scripting, and guidance for IS software, data, database, and infrastructure teams.
- Ensure the integrity, reliability, performance, and security for development, test, and production applications and systems.
- Provide end-to-end assistance and continuous improvement of web application design, deployment, migrations, and administration in current and future environments.
- Assist in creating policies, procedures, operational standards, application performance monitoring, alerts, and reporting.
- Evaluate new tools and technology to improve product speed, efficiency, and scalability of local and cloud computing systems.
- Work with IS teams, Business Analysts, and other stakeholders to estimate and architect solutions.
- Participate in project management for IS projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with IS Managers to plan, develop, and implement departmental goals in alignment with goals and objectives of the organization.
- Manages assigned budget and provides input to the annual budgeting process. Prepares cost estimates and budget recommendations.
- Support security assessments, external audits (e.g., SOC), and requests from Internal Audit as needed.
- Keep up to date with technologies and trends in application development and DevOps management.
- Assist in coordinating backup and recovery strategies, policies, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related field and a minimum of 5 years managing/leading technical DevOps teams, plus at least 7 years of hands-on experience with a mix of software and infrastructure technologies. Technology experience should include the following:
- DevOps principles, iterative development, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), and migration tools for local and cloud hosted DevOps environments
- Legacy, Service Oriented, and Cloud Native Web Application architectures
- Deployment Management tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, and Ansible
- Containers, orchestration, and image creation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, rkt, CRI-O, OCI, Podman, etc.
- Management of Application Monitoring Tools such as Dynatrace, NewRelic App Dynamics, Datadog, Splunk, AWS & Microsoft monitoring solutions, etc.
- REST, JSON, SAML, and other integration technologies
- Understanding entity relationship diagrams and principles of database design and implementation
- Experience with Application Performance Management, Business KPI, and user journey analysis
- Waterfall, Agile, and other Development Methodologies
- Source code control technologies such as Git
- Database technologies including Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Postgres
- Operating Systems administration on Windows and Linux