The HT Group has partnered with an established entertainment entity based in SE Austin in the search for a qualified Corporate Controller with previous accounting leadership experience in mid-sized organizations ($100-500M in annual revenue), NetSuite software proficiency, and CPA or former public accounting experience. Our client is looking for a self-starter with previous experience leading teams and process in publicly-traded and/or private equity-backed settings for growth-minded organizations. This position will be onsite and manage a team of 10+.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $200K+ bonus/solid benefits – Onsite – SE Austin, TX HQ
What you will do:
- Lead month/quarter/year-end close and financial reporting activities for a team of 10+ associates.
- Support and advise senior management with insightful financial analysis and commentary on monthly financial results supporting operational management and driving profitable growth.
- Support senior management in driving performance against financial and operating benchmarks.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to drive process improvements and cost savings with relevant analysis and reporting.
- Technical accounting research focuses.
- Assist CFO in the annual budgeting process by working closely with all functional areas to define goals, including annual and rolling operating and capital budgets.
- Manage external audit, tax relationships.
- Own the financial close and reporting cycles, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with GAAP standards.
- Support the implementation and post-launch system improvements of NetSuite ERP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related; MBA highly preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role within either a publicly-traded and/or PE-backed setting of $100M+ in annual revenue.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing teams and process.
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite ERP software required – experience in implementation a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and managing large Excel based models and data sets required.
- History of driving initiatives of continuous process improvements (close cycle, financial reporting, system-driven automation).
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills.