The HT Group has partnered with an established manufacturing client based near Georgetown in the search for a qualified Controller for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with previous experience leading teams and process in a similar manufacturing setting managing transactional and operational GL close along with detailed FP&A focuses and variance reporting for areas such as: labor, materials, capital projects, and COGS. This position will be onsite and manage a team of 5.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $150K+ 15% bonus – Onsite – Georgetown, TX HQ
What you will do:
- Lead month/quarter/year-end close activities for a team of 5 associates.
- Support and advise senior management with insightful financial analysis and commentary on monthly financial results supporting operational management and driving profitable growth.
- Support senior management in driving performance against financial and operating benchmarks.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to drive process improvements and cost saving with relevant analysis and reporting.
- Assist CFO in the annual budgeting process by working closely with all functional areas to define goals, including annual and rolling operating and capital budgets.
- Own the financial close and reporting cycles, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with GAAP standards.
- Support the implementation and post-launch system improvements of NetSuite ERP.
- Develop and improve upon the cost accounting and reporting functions to support manufacturing operations and supply chain management.
- Oversee cost accounting systems, including providing oversight of standard manufacturing rates, absorption and capitalization to the balance sheet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related; MBA preferred.
- CPA certification highly preferred.
- Strong FP&A background, purchase and heavy cost accounting experience in a manufacturing business required.
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role within manufacturing.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and managing large Excel based models and data sets required.
- History of driving initiatives of continuous process improvements (close cycle, financial reporting, system-driven automation).
- Hands-on knowledge of NetSuite preferred – experience in implementation a plus.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills.