The HT Group is partnering with a leading civil engineering firm in Austin TX to find a CADD Designer. Under the direction of a PE and Senior Designer, this person will assist in the planning, designing, and production of H&H, land development and transportation projects. We are looking for a driven, self-starter who has experience in roadway, drainage design, utility layout, and site grading using AutoCAD Civil 3D Design. This is an awesome opportunity to work for an established firm and gain exposure to working on large scale, multi billion dollar projects!
Candidate must have relevant working experience in Austin/Central Texas and knowledge of municipal and state design standards and codes.
Location: North Austin (78731)
- Create base maps, drawings and designs for land development projects
- Drawing setup for preliminary and construction plan sets including horizontal control, grading and drainage, erosion control plans, utility and roadway profiles and cross-sections, topographic maps and design details and notes.
- Investigate field conditions; read and comprehending design drawings, construction specifications, codes and regulations, and technical information to develop drawings
- Reproduce drawing and document packages to fulfill contractual obligations
- Execute and adhere to QA/QC requirements.
- Adhere to project deadlines, keeping supervising staff informed of any difficulties encountered
- 3+ years of experience in civil engineering industry, specifically transportation, land development, or public works
- Certification or technical degree highly preferred
- Related work experience in Austin/Central Texas
- Knowledge of municipal and state design standards and codes.
- Knowledge of the terminology, techniques and practices used in various types of construction relating to land development
- Can maintain high performance under pressure and work independently
- Self-motivated and eager to work with others
- Must have interest in working on a variety of projects/assignments