The HT Group is excited to announce we are partnering with an industry leader as they are expanding their manufacturing here in Central Texas. This global company manufactures products for the consumer and industrial markets, with an emphasis on Automotive and commercial trucking. They provide everything from materials and development to design, manufacturing, and assembly.
Onsite – Austin, TX – $90-115K+
- Support development of the product by effective product quality plans including control plans, FMEA’s, timing charts, open issue reports, process and product validation, flow charts and all APQP requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing design and technical assistance in design reviews and presentations as well as competitive estimates for tooling and product.
- Support current production of product by executing customer-initiated engineering changes. Provide support, error proofing and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop methods, procedures and work instructions to successfully manage:
- competitive quoting for product and tools
- effective cost tracking and launching tools within planned costs
- appropriate staffing for each program
- launch of new product
- tracking, monitoring for effectiveness and implementation of corrective actions
- Establish, direct, execute and monitor for continuous improvement all aspects of the APQP function within the division/department, ensuring that the department is able to support customer requirements. Track, monitor and chart results.
- Assist the implementation of IATF-16949 objectives by providing engineering support
- Comprehend and manage the quoting process for new business and participate in the sign off authorization for molded, painted and assembled plastic parts ensuring company objectives for profitability are met after manufacturing cost parameters are analyzed and entered correctly.
- Lead and supervise staff. Determine and assign program assignments for all APQP personnel, provide direction and technical assistance as needed. Conduct performance reviews for APQP team members in accordance with Company policy.
- Support Company policies and business objectives in the daily management of the operations of the Company.
- Ensure that the department and all its activities exceed the needs of our customers, both internally and externally.
- Participate in Business Plan Development to ensure that APQP considerations are included in the decision-making process, adhere to established budgetary requirements and use analytics to support recommendations and decisions.
- Support the Company’s environmental, health and safety objectives which provide for a safe and healthful workplace for all employees.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required and assigned.
Education – Bachelor’s degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field of study; equivalent work experience may be considered.
Experience/Skills – Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience with at least 2 years of that in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate teams using strong communication skills with proven results.
Proven record of outstanding organization and project management skills.
Prior experience in new facility start-up is preferred.
FMEA, SPC, Control Plan, IATF-16949, Teamwork, Manufacturing, Workplace Safety
Excellent computer skills (for office and engineering)