The HT Group has partnered with a premier Austin-based healthcare client in the search for a qualified Accounting Manager for an immediate need. Our client is looking for a self-starter with solid people and process management skills along with experience managing corporate leases in accordance with ASC 842 standards. Previous experience working in a high-growth, multi-entity setting would be highly preferred to be successful in this role. This will be a hybrid work situation (3 days in-office/2 remote) and will be based in our client’s South Austin HQ.
Direct Hire – Base salary up to $120K+ bonus/solid benefits – Hybrid – South Austin location
What you will do:
- Supervise and mentor staff that are responsible for Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Leases (ASC 842), Inventory, and T&E.
- Manage the monthly close tasks for fixed assets by reviewing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Tracking CIP for new offices/locations.
- M&A Accounting.
- Lead and maintain compliance with ASC 842 lease accounting standards. Oversee lease accounting transactions, disclosures, and reporting.
- Collaborate with lease admin and construction teams to streamline processes with landlords and general contractors, including tenant reimbursement allowance.
- Assess and document technical accounting considerations relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to improve CAPEX and OPEX forecast accuracy and partner with procurement, and real estate teams to monitor variances, drive savings, and take corrective actions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA highly preferred
- 4+ years relevant accounting experience, ideal candidate has multi-site business experience
- ASC 842 experience required
- Experience with LeaseQuery or similar lease admin platform is preferred
- Lease platform migration/implementation is a plus
- Proficiency with NetSuite a plus
- Intermediate-to-advanced MS Excel proficiency required
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in financial reporting and analysis
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment