Our client provides growth services and capital in the form of investments and consulting for innovative companies. Based in Austin, TX, They work with portfolio companies in the live entertainment, biosciences, technology service start-ups and real estate spaces. They use a venture studio model to add value, support founders in overcoming typical challenges, and grow smarter and faster.
We are currently seeking an associate to serve as a key member of the investment team. You will be responsible for sourcing new deals for us and for supporting those that are already in the works. This position would be full time and will have the option to work remotely and work out of our downtown office a few days per week according to our COVID policy.
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and investment needs
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Partner with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to potential shareholders
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up to date on industry news
- Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Ability to reach investment targets
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors.
- Basic financial modeling skills
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office), Excel, GSuite
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Excellent phone, email, and instant messaging communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Great leadership skills.
- Top-notch analytical skills – you must have an eye for detail!
- High ticket, high-intensity sales