Based in Austin, TX, our client features portfolio companies in the live entertainment, biosciences, technology service start-ups and real estate spaces. They use a venture studio model to add value, support founders in overcoming typical challenges, and grow smarter and faster.
As the Staff Accountant, your responsibilities will include general accounting duties and accounts payable. This role will report to the controller. This is a full-time role based in Austin, TX Headquarters located in downtown Austin. They currently have a COVID-19 remote working policy.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, and verifying vendor invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by validating entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording adjusting entries.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains financial records for portfolio companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Assists with other accounting and finance tasks as needed
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information. Completes special projects and other assignments from the Controller or CFO.
- Master’s degree in accounting.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Understanding of GAAP
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience with FP&A a plus
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance