The HT Group is now hiring a Staff Accountant for a Manufacturin Client in San Marcos, TX. This role focuses on monthly tasks, account reconciliations, transaction journal entries, expense report processing and ad hoc projects.
San Marcos, TX
- Work with accounting team to meet monthly, quarterly and annual close schedule.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries to be entered into the general ledger
- Reconcile accounts, including sub-ledger and general ledger accounts
- Prepare supporting documents for quarterly and annual audit
- Perform Sox Controls as necessary
- Responsible for fixed assets and related entries and Sox Controls
- Review lease invoices for new additions for ROU leases
- Other duties and special projects as requested by management
- College degree required – Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Previous work experience in an accounting-finance related field
- Previous work in a public company a plus
- Working knowledge with General Ledger package and reporting (AX12 is a plus)
- Ability to research, understand and apply accounting guidance and regulations (accruals and prepaids)
- Strong competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication
Submit your resume in Word or PDF format to be considered.