The initial duties of the role include the following items:
- Month end close: journal entries, reviewing payables, balance sheet recons, financial statement variance analysis, etc.
- Help establish policies and procedures and develop infrastructure for the expanded corporate accounting department.
- Learn current processes and identify potential efficiency and productivity gains.
- Develop a strong level of knowledge regarding the “to-be” process.
- Document and refine established procedures for the centralized month-end close process, working to streamline activities and accelerate the close timeline.
- Support the SSC accounting work stream teams with requests as needed.
- Ownership over select general ledger accounts, which includes preparing and posting journal entries, reviewing account activity, preparing periodic (i.e monthly, quarterly or annually) account reconciliations, explaining account activity and preparing account analyses.
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of CCO Accounting policies, financial systems, transaction processes, internal controls and chart of accounts.
- Perform monthly analytical review of financial statements.
- Assist in performing annual impairment analyses
- Business combination and asset purchase accounting
- Researching technical accounting
- Accounting for non-controlling interests and equity method investments
- Properly apply GAAP and internal accounting controls and procedures to daily work.
- Interacting with the SSC staff while providing excellent customer service.
- Help ensure timely completion of the month end close process by completing assigned work and assisting others as needed to meet deadlines.
- Maintain performance up to the standard of service level agreements with SSC and CCOH teams.
Education And Experience
- Bachelors of Accounting Required
Minimum Job-Related Experience Required
- 4 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years in general accounting
San Antonio, TX 78258
ployees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.