Software Licensing Manager – Southwest Austin/Bee Caves
The HT Group has partnered with a highly successful and established IT firm in the southwest area of Austin to hire a Software License Manager to join their organization full time.
The Software License Manager will be responsible for systematically engaging customers who utilize the company’s software to ensure that the customer’s use of the software is within its licensed software entitlements. If a customer is found to be using software that is not fully licensed, this person will conduct negotiations and prepare appropriate license contracts necessary to resolve all aspects of the non-compliance. Other objectives include protecting the value of the company’s intellectual property, protecting and enhancing customer relationships, and serving as resident experts of the company’s software licensing.
- Conducting an internal contractual entitlement and support review, including the analysis of contractual, financial, and other documentation to understand customer entitlements.
- Directing conversations with the customer at all levels such as procurement, technical team members, legal, C-level executives, etc. to assess software usage, determine compliance with entitlements, and negotiate appropriate resolution of any non-compliance.
- Managing extensive internal interactions with the companies cross functional stakeholders including legal, technical support, support renewals, engineering, product management, product marketing, pricing, sales, and sales operations to leverage expertise as needed and to keep key stakeholders apprised of compliance activities.
- Developing and maintaining related product use questionnaires to be used during compliance assessments, reviewing the effectiveness of compliance tools, and driving the development of new features and functionality as necessary to improve compliance coverage.
- Becoming the resident expert on software licensing to support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing software products.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or business with MBA or technical advanced degree preferred and at least 6 years of experience in software industry with both technical and contractual exposure.
- Detail oriented with strong technical, contract interpretation, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Direct customer facing experience, exceptional written and verbal communication and strong organization and productivity skills to seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, compliance, and controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of software license agreements and contracts.
- Must be comfortable working across all business functions at every level from individual contributor to C-Level executives, and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to lead, influence, and team with others. Professionally persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and strong under pressure, especially during occasional adversarial conversations.
- Less than 10% travel required.
- Bonus Points for technical professional services or customer support, bilingual or multilingual, previous software compliance or Software Asset Management experience, and licensing experience with ECM/Documentum product suites, SAP, ELAs, or Partner contracts.