The HT Group is currently assisting one of our Houston manufacturing clients in the search for a qualified Senior Engineering Manager for an immediate hire. This would be a great opportunity for individuals with experience in the consumer electronics industry looking to implement sound process and maintain vendor relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead engineering and quality organizations for a designated business unit, set clear expectations and objectives, and manage performance to them.
- Assist Vice President of Engineering and Quality set strategic direction, as well as manage changing priorities, for the engineering organization based on customer requirements and corporate objectives related to quality and efficiency initiatives.
- Manage and prioritize project schedules with internal and external customers.
- Work closely with Operation Leaders to ensure alignment of strategic direction and objectives
- Inspire excellence within the Team by removing barriers, coaching, mentoring, and creating a fulfilling work experience.
- Develop robust and efficient engineering processes, standard operating procedures, and best practices to ensure repeatable process excellence.
- Develop engineering presentations for customers and internal reviews.
- Forecast and maintain capital budgets, manage the engineering labor cost, and identify opportunities to improve productivity.
- Recruit, develop, and retain the best people; ensure all technical areas are staffed with the best talent.
- Advanced technical problem solving skills
- Six Sigma process improvement experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Engineering Management and Leadership experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong influencing and change management skills
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in one of the following or similar fields: Software/Electrical/Computer/ Industrial engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant engineering experience in roles of progressive responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of engineering management of diverse functional teams.
- Experience in a reverse logistics business a plus