The HT Group is working with a insurance company recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas to recruit a Security Architect to join their team. The Security Architect will help lead the company through their many and exciting transformation efforts as they maintain their position as the market leader, while investing in their future success. This position will report to the Chief Enterprise Architect.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Partner with the Security Office to determine and maintain security roadmaps for cloud, managed solutions, and on-premise capabilities.
- Provide architectural expertise to the enterprise across business and technology domains.
- Determine the strategic vision for the enterprise using cloud, managed solutions, and traditional capabilities.
- Analyze alignment of architectural strategy against desired business outcomes and value while identifying opportunities for enhancement and reuse.
- Work collaboratively on architectural efforts of the highest significance that involve technical, business, and organizational complexity.
- Be accountable for the quality and success of security architecture and design, balancing alignment with the strategic direction of the enterprise to the tactical goals of delivery.
- Research, evaluate, and drive next-generation security technologies and concepts to keep security ahead of the curve.
- Create end-to-end security solutions involving a mix of technical and organizational requirements.
- Provide security guidance, coaching, and training to other employees as well as the organization as a whole.
- Have a keen eye toward the future, understanding where the organization should be headed strategically regarding information security and helping to build the framework to get there.
- Exhibit the judgement to assess the company’s strategic business needs and identify and propose appropriate options.
- Show comfort being uncomfortable and helping others along that security journey.
- 10+ years of experience in security architecture, risk management, or security and network operations.
- Bachelor’s degree – or – equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX and HIPAA.
- Professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other similar credentials.
- Experience creating, refining, delivering, and evangelizing a variety of information security topics and standards used throughout the enterprise that balance business needs and external requirements.
- 2+ years of significant experience with cloud computing, in particular architecting enterprise security protections and monitoring on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience in migrating and rearchitecting on-premise solutions to cloud-based implementations, understanding the security implications across the various components throughout the stack.
- Experience considering and weighing costs, complexities, supportability, and adherence to well-designed principles when defining solutions and road maps.
- Master’s degree – or – the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15+ years of experience in security architecture, risk management, or security and network operations.
- Experience managing major, complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Experience partnering with business leaders to understand needs and providing options that realize value.
- Experience applying relevant and emerging technology and industry trends to identify realistic opportunities for the enterprise.
- Experience leading the research of emerging technology and industry trends to identify potential opportunities for the enterprise.