The HT Group is partnering with a rapidly growing tech company that provides software applications and data management solutions to emergency services to find an excellent Revenue Accountant. The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who has GAAP Revenue Recognition experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position requires excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently. This is a temp to hire opportunity with an awesome growing company!
- Manage customer invoicing, including reviewing customer contracts for proper compliance.
- Apply customer payments daily to maintain an accurate AR balance.
- Manage the unapplied cash account, including performing research to determine proper action and obtain necessary approvals for customer refunds.
- Review customer accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accounting system correlates with customer resource management system; including accurate billing information and activity status.
- Ensure customer accounts reflect accurate tax exemption status and contains proper documentation.
- Review implementation status on a weekly basis to ensure billing subscription periods are accurate for products dependent on Go-Live.
- Assist with monthly close activities by ensuring billing is complete and accurate. Work closely with Sales and Legal to ensure compliance with GAAP revenue recognition.
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager with special projects and other revenue assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business degree; and/or at least 2 years of accounting experience
- Basic understanding of GAAP Revenue Recognition (preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience using NetSuite, SalesForce, and Zuora (preferred)
- Experience with or comfortable reading and interpreting contracts
- Experience working in technology or software industry (preferred)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Comfortable performing research with minimal guidance