The HT Group is partnering with a global manufacturer looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager leading a team of multiple buyers/analysts for an immediate direct-hire need. This position will require experience in purchasing functions within a plant/manufacturing setting and will be located just South of Austin. Details include:
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, distributing and maintaining goods and or services
- Lead and mentor a team of purchasing professionals
- Develop, qualify and maintain suppliers to deliver products and services according to engineering and quality specifications
- Work closely with Global Strategic Sourcing to execute supplier development and qualification as per Sourcing Strategy. Enable profitable growth and global reach.
- Optimize total landed cost and minimize supply disruptions
- Analyze supplier capabilities, capacity, compliance, risks, etc. to ensure production continuity
- Lead supplier performance assessments, monitoring, and timely corrective actions
- Issue Purchase Orders and ensure on time delivery of products and or services
- Monitor and resolve supplier payment issues
- Create and distribute reports pertaining to planned orders, released demands, shortages, schedule changes, inventory, and supplier payments
- Monitor business trends and product availability to optimize total landed cost without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Promote Purchasing continuous improvement projects at Thermon and at suppliers for lead time reduction, cost reduction, and process compliance
- Regularly review and remain current on Operating Procedures, Quality Procedures, Manufacturing Procedures and Engineering requirements
- Develop and implement procurement policies, procedures and instructions
- A minimum of five years’ management (people and process) experience functioning in a global purchasing environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience working with several department heads concurrently including: engineering, procurement, R&D, and others
- Experience supporting several hundred vendors and SKUs
- Very strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.