The HT Group is currently hiring Production Associates for a prominent building supplier in South Austin.
The purpose of the Manufacturing Associate role is to assist in the production and assembly of building materials and components.
The Manufacturing Associate is an entry level, temp-to-hire position that offers 50+ hours a week. You must be comfortable being on your feet for 6-8 hours at a time, working in a non-climate-controlled environment and being physically active. A general knowledge of hand tools and production/assembly is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Associate will include:
- Assembling building materials for production by using a variety of hand tools and machinery
- Assist in production by using a variety of hand tools such as drills, tape measures, clamps and hammers
- Loading and palatalizing finished products
- Planning and implementing the assembly process by reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints
- Gathering necessary materials and transporting them as needed throughout the warehouse
The work week is from Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays. Work hours are from 5 AM to 2 PM but frequently require working into the evening hours as well.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety hand and power tools
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks
- Ability to understand both written and oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints
- Must be able to comfortably lift and carry up to 50 lbs at a time
*Please Note: Temperatures of the warehouse will vary. The environment can be both dusty and noisy and ear protection, eye protection and steel toed boots will also be required at all times.