Provides electrical engineering analysis and technical support for the planning and operation of the electric power system. Implements appropriate system modeling, develops tools and procedures to perform system studies, analyzes simulated or actual operating results, develops solutions to current or future system issues, and appropriately reports findings and recommendations.
- Analyzes transmission network data including Transmission and Generation element parameters.
- Works closely with Client Services and System Planning.
- Works with EMS and Transmission Planning load flow cases to provide accurate power system analysis.
- Reviews and develops methods to increase model accuracy including data comparisons and validity checks.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains reports associated with Protocol and Guide compliance criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or a combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with knowledge equivalent to a major in such fields.
- Less than one year experience (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in electric utility industry.
Nice to Have Work Experience:
- Some experience within the electric utility industry.
- Experience running power system load flow studies in PSSE.
- Experience running transfer analysis systems studies.
- Ability to write technical reports of in depth analysis completed.
- Experience with VBA or other programming language.
- Experience creating queries in Access, Oracle, or SQL.
- Experience using TARA