The HT Group is working with an Austin based startup to recruit a Mobile Software Engineer to join their growing technology arm, to build out the next generation of platform and digital stratgey. This position will be a part of the company’s Engineering Department: Products and Technology and will report to the Chief Technology Officer/Director of Product. The ideal candidate is a seasoned multi-platform builder that specializes in Web, Android, and iOS development for the company’s internal scalable products.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the upkeep of standardized code for the continuation of product development through a living framework
- Have a strong technical background in a variety of big data technologies and the skillset to consolidate multiple streams of data into a singular data lake to manage and push onto the Business Intelligence Tool (Sisense)
- Have experience working in an agile and scrum methodology with Product Managers and UX/UI designers
- Serve as a champion during sprint reviews with the CTO, Director of Product, and Executive Stakeholders
- API Design and Execution
- Stay adept in multiple development languages
- Performs code reviews with the Director of Product and CTO for optimal end user experience
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems, products, and platforms
- Identify weaknesses in current systems and build resolutions to prevent unintended system disruptions
- Future proof existing and new projects and products
- Create, update, and enforce standard coding framework
- Leading on and off-site teams
- Complete special projects as assigned by the CTO and Director of Product.
- Adhere to the required work schedule
- Must be available for overtime when necessary
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in building Native products (React Native a plus)
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Business Intelligence platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly organized, resilient, technical with creative problem solving
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow or slippery surface.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Bending, stooping and reaching several times through a shift.
- Must be able to see clearly with or without corrected vision.
- Ability to drive to and from client locations, this may involve sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Occasionally will call for property walks where walking and standing for longer periods of time is necessary
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers.