The Microservices Engineer will work on backend infrastructure services to assist with our release, development, and analytics pipelines. As a Microservices engineer working on backend infrastructure services you should have a solid knowledge in domain driven design, microservices, event sourcing, containerization, and orchestration.
They should also have experience with working in on premises and cloud environments.
- Develop and maintain scalable microservices which developers will use to interact with and understand the release pipeline.
- Work closely with Lead and Mid-level engineers on managing deployments and maintaining test specs
- Help monitor and track performance and reliability of our services
- Monitor production environment and debug/maintain as needed.
- Document systems and processes
- And other such duties and responsibilities as assigned that are reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Capable communicator and ability to operate on a team
- Good understanding of UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Shell scripting (*nix and Windows)
- Minimal understanding of C++ and C# for debugging purposes.
- Perforce and Gitlab
- Akka, Play, Lagom Frameworks (Lightbend Platform)
- Continuous integration products such as Jenkins and BuildBot
- Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers
- Databases (Mongo, SQL, Redis, Cassandra)