The HT Group is working with a company in south Austin to recruit an experienced Business Analyst to create User Stories, User Story Specifications, and UI Mock-ups to describe new or modified product functionality. The Business Analyst will participate in and document requirement elicitation workshops, peer reviews, scrums and stakeholder reviews to validate concepts and requirements. The ideal candidate must have proven experience brokering communications between the IT and business domains. This is a contract-to-hire on-site position in Austin.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Working in conjunction with UX, product management, and technical teams, define User Stories and associated detailed requirements, complete design elaboration, and address business requirement questions through research and fact-finding.
- Staying abreast of new software releases and activity.
- Quickly learn and understand the business process, issues, and fata challenges of the organization and industry.
- Work on multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Analyze the information received from users to distinguish their task needs from functional requirements, business rules, and suggested solutions.
- Create/Submit Change requests when needed.
- Eliciting and creating user stories to support the ongoing development of a end-user mobile POS application
- Communicates with business, architects, developers and QA on matters of file design, testing, debugging, storage, access and related activities.
- Map business processes with SME’s and helps administer user acceptance testing.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a Business Analyst role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems or computer engineering or a total of 7 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience eliciting requirements and writing user stories using Agile in a SCRUM framework.
- Highly proficient using Jira for capturing user stories and user story specifications in an Agile methodology
- Comfortable working with remote resources in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with business analysis to support a mobile end-user application
- Strong understanding of SharePoint and utilization within global team environment
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy; and time management and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Teams and Skype helpful.