The HT Group has partnered with a Physical Therapist Clinic and is in search of a full time Medical Billing and Insurance Coordinator in the North Austin area. Join a friendly, energetic team that loves helping the public with their physical health care matters. The ideal candidate will have strong billing and customer service experience.
- Prepare and file insurance claims.
- Obtain insurance verifications for new and existing patients.
- Inform patient of risk of non-coverage.
- Re-verify insurance upon renewal of coverage year or change in coverage.
- Create estimation of coverage for patients.
- Facilitate and maintain Primary Care Physician referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Receive and reconcile insurance payments for claims
- Facilitate insurance appeals and/or claims corrections and follow-up as necessary.
- Send and track patient billing in accordance to 30-60-90 day billing cycle.
- Prepare unpaid accounts for collections and forward to agency.
- Maintain patient aging of accounts receivable
- Fulfill medical records requests from insurance companies to determining medical necessity and claims payments.
- Maintain written policy and procedure for electronic claim filing.
- Notify patient when claim processing is outside of accordance w/ estimation. Follow up with administrative team to discuss improvements in verification and updates to coverage list.
- Provide clerical support in covering front desk as needed, which includes scheduling patients, entering charges, collecting payments, distributing receipts, etc.
- Audit charges and daily receivables. Post receivables to accounting software.
- Process weekly bank deposits.
- Sort and distribute daily clinic mail.
- Assure discreet handling of all patient charts and office business.
- Compose and type routine correspondence and memoranda using word, excel and pdf editing processing software.
- Participate in quarterly chart audits.
- Excellent people, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, and Excel
- At least two years’ experience with Medical Billing, Collections, AR, and Insurance Claims
Benefits Once Hired Permanent:
- Medical and dental benefits paid through the company.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- 401K plan offered.
- Offered and paid CPR certification
- Bonus structure offered.