The HT Group is currently assisting an Austin-based software provider in the search for a Senior Technical Accountant for an immediate need. The role will be on an interim/contract basis with potential for a full-time role for the right fit.
The Senior Technical Accountant will be actively engaged in global external financial reporting, evaluation and updating of accounting policies, review of material financial transactions, interpreting new accounting pronouncements and regulations, and effectively interacting and communicating with other corporate functions.
- Performs Technical Accounting consultations on various topics including stock-based compensation, software capitalization, purchase accounting, divestitures, derivatives and hedging, etc.
- Analyzes contracts or agreements as needed to determine accounting treatment for recording and reporting
- Coordinates with external auditors on requests and reviews during quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Prepares certain journal entries and reconciliations
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, SOX, and internal control policies and procedures
- Works to enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA License, preferred
- 2+ years technical accounting experience
- Previous M&A/purchase accounting experience
- Public accounting experience, preferred
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, very strong technical accounting skills, and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting standards
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with multi-company and multi-location environment
- Experience with international accounting, including multi-currency translations
- Hands-on experience with fully integrated accounting system, preferred
- Must have the ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task