The HT Group is currently working with a worldwide technology in the search for Field Engineers for their Rancho Cucamongo/SoCal region.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer’s sites.Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Plan, prepare and / or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and / or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within ABB safety standards.
- Maintain knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role).
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 60% of the time as required.Must Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems including medium and low voltage switchgear, protective relays, transformer, distribution systems, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and the safe operation and maintenance of these systems.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.Strong customer service mindset.Prior field engineering experience is preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.