The HT Group is partnering with a renewable energy company to find a DOT Controller. The ideal candidate has DOT experience and knowledge of regulations, is well organized, and has some supervisory experience. Apply today for an opportunity to join an amazing tight-knit team with a growing company!
Salary Dependent on experience
Contract to Hire
- Partners with site management to ensure DOT compliance at site; Builds and continually strengthens internal client relationships.
- Manages DOT program by adhering to all DOT regulations and standard operating procedures. Utilizing systems in place, supports drivers in technical, quality and safety.
- Supports project by assigning fully qualified CDL and Non-CDL DOT drivers and maintaining fully compliant commercial motor vehicles.
- Qualifies new drivers to include application processes, verifications, background investigations, and required testing, training or programs. Tracks driver credentials including licenses, medical cards, endorsements, driver violations reporting, certifications and training.
- Tracks and ensures driver documents and logs comply with Federal Regulations. Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained for DOT regulated employees.
- Provide driver training and support utilizing ELD system, to include on-site training.
- Manages, administers and reports on all aspects of DOT Drug and Alcohol Program.
- Manages assets for federal and state registration, inspections, and maintenance to ensure proper Highway Permitting adherence.
- Tracks and manages quarterly IFTA filings and annual 2290 Heavy Vehicle Use Tax.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance of DOT program across the enterprise. Communicate variances to management. Trains DOT designated site resource and administrators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- DOT FMCSA Regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Research records and regulations
- Regulations within fleet management software
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Management preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING UPON HIRE!
Please submit your resume in a Word Document to apply today!