DevOps Engineer – South Austin/Mopac
The HT Group has partnered with an international finance and retail firm in the south Mopac area of Austin to hire a DevOps Engineer to join their organization full time.
The DevOps Engineer is a combination of a development role and system admin who bridge the gap between developers and the IT team. The role is to thoroughly understand the software development lifecycle and understand the automation tools used to create the CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipeline. The goal is to minimize coding errors and facilitate rapid deployment of high-quality products. The DevOps engineer guides code releases from development to distribution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the health, performance and stability of systems and servers.
- Responsible for tools that automate the development, testing, and integration of software releases/fixes.
- Responsible for releasing new versions containing new features across the organization and making sure those releases are stable.
- Responsible for continually monitoring the product’s (system’s) health and security once the updates are deployed.
- Responsibility for analyzing production errors to define and create tools that help mitigate problems in the system design stage and applying user-defined integrations, improving the user experience.
- Responsible for identifying changes that are necessary to maintain optimal system performance while liaising with management to successfully target and deploy solutions.
Critical and Essential Tasks
- Apply cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- High level of experience in Azure cloud environment including Creation of environments, Azure Resource Manager templates, Resource groups, automated build pipe and deployment, App Services Environment and Service Bus.
- Expert in Linux environments.
- Strong command of Docker and Kubernetes technologies
- Expert in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools (Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins)
- Experience in maintaining Java web applications and micro services.
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring with Azure toolset or similar.
- Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known Source code tools like Git and GitHub.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- A problem-solving attitude.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in accounting, business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.