The HT Group is working with a Machine Learning company in Austin to hire multiple Data Scientists with strong Python development skills to join their team. This position will require you to be able to obtain a Security Clearance and travel internationally. The Data Scientist will be challenged on day one to have a definitional impact shaping and building solutions. You will design and lead development cycles for a range of products focused on task automation, data analytics, computer vision, and natural language processing.
The company is a profitable startup focused on the development, evaluation, and application of the cutting edge to real-world challenges. They are proud to be a dynamic, flat, “can-do” environment and are looking for those unique individuals who thrive in that dynamic.
Required Job Qualifications
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 25%) for customer engagements.
- Mastery of Python coding.
- Ability to design, implement, and document scalable code.
- Driven, self-directed personality. The team is composed of individuals who consistently demonstrate the ability to self-orient to challenges and solve them.
- Deep understanding and intuition around machine learning techniques, statistical, and predictive modelling. Experience with direct application to computer vision, particularly object recognition and interaction tagging is a plus.
- Experience with RF, 802.11, or Bluetooth emission and transmission protocols is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a current passport or can get one; ability to travel internationally.
- Has a current or can get a Security Clearance.
Nice To Have:
- Advanced (MS or PhD) degrees in computer vision, statistics, machine learning, or related quantitative disciplines are a plus
- Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
- A degree from STEM fields – ideally math, physics, PhD – someone deep in quantitative finance
- Containerization and Orchestration
- Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Jenkins
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud